The Intentional Leadership Series was designed to give tools to leaders, managers and supervisors to be the best version of themselves they want to be. In this "theory free" workshop series, real tools are provided to help bridge the gap between knowledge and outcomes. The tools are not based in theory - they work!
In person, instructor led training following current COVID protocols. Engaging instructors and activities help reinforce learning and application of material and tools.
Web based, instructor led training. Great for leaders working from home or in multiple locations.
Video based content designed for the leaders who want to train on their own schedule. On demand videos are accompanied by message board activities to reinforce ideas and provide feedback.
The role of the leader has changed drastically over the last 20 years, and it will continue to evolve. Dealing with the complexity of managing and leading people, leaders are often left wondering why people engage in non-productive behavior or do not respond to their leadership approach. Leaders today must create the environment where positive behavior and performance is possible and expected. Included in this topic:
*discuss and understand the expectations others have of you as a leader
*identify the challenges you face as a leader
* discuss where your results as a leader come from
* defining your desired culture and understanding your impact on culture and organizational performance
* understand the components of trust in the workplace and how to manage the trust relationship
* apply The Performance Challenge Model to diagnose performance challenges
Effective communication is the key to successful leadership. Successful leaders not only understand their own communication preferences and challenges, they understand the communication preferences and challenges of others. Learning to adapt to your style to meet the needs of the other person is one of the keys to effectively influencing others. Included in this topic:
*understand your communication preferences and motivations using Everything DiSC® Workplace™
* identify and understand others’ motivations and communication needs
*gain insight into employee development
* understand how your team and peers may view you and how they are likely to react to you
* understand how your supervisors may view you and your style: neutral, negative or positive
* identify limitations that become barriers to effective communication and achieving results
Giving and receiving feedback is an integral part of success at all levels of management. As a leader, you are only as good as your people and the work they produce. Within today’s competitive and results-focused environments, giving and receiving feedback is a highly visible and positive demonstration of your commitment to ongoing professional development and performance improvement. Included in this topic:
*demonstrate methods to maintain emotions in giving/receiving feedback
*provide effective feedback for clarity and understanding to increase performance
*receive feedback with curiosity while reducing negative defense mechanisms
*ensure your feedback is actionable and related to business outcomes
*diagnose coaching opportunities and when to use coaching tools
*decrease resistance when providing direct feedback to initiate a change in behavior
Emotional Intelligence is the tool to expand our capacity in self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management. Applying Emotional Intelligence is required to accommodate the changing rules of work. We are being evaluated by a new yardstick of how smart we are, our training and expertise, how well we handle ourselves, and how well we handle each other. Your self-assessment (included in the book) identifies your current EI abilities within intrapersonal and interpersonal interactivity. You will be stretched to learn and apply competencies and skills that can be beneficial to your reputation and effectiveness at work.
* identify the anatomy of an emotion
* learn how thoughts and emotions influence behaviors
* link emotional intelligence and life success
* identify intentional and conscious decision making
* when and how to manage your EI processes for effectiveness
Leaders are tasked with motivating people and building engagement, but doing so can be difficult. We will identify the factors that influence employee performance and engagement in the workplace and how it is impacted by leaders. You will learn ways to help build engagement in your employees as well as leadership styles that can influence motivation and build positive behaviors. Included in this topic:
* recognize that different people have different motivators
*identify the leaders role in motivation
* what it means to move beyond motivation
* recognize the three essential elements of motivation in today’s workforce
* discuss how to create a motivational and engaging workplace
Conflict is inevitable. If mishandled, it can result in poor team relationships, lost productivity and poor customer service. This session will assist leader in better understanding what causes conflict and the best methods for resolving these conflicts and engaging in productive conflict. Included in this topic:
* define productive and non-productive conflict
*intervention tools and tricks
*conflict resolution strategies
*understanding your approach to conflict
*creating the environment where healthy conflict is the norm
*team impact based on productive conflict
Copyright © 2021 L&L Solutions, Inc - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy